COMING SOON

8/09/2016 07:33:00 PM


i am so proud to announce my tiny passion project, milk + honey midwest!

i'm not trying to change the world with stationary or make a quick buck. i certainly expect to watch this do a slow climb, but i needed this. sometimes you wake up, inside your thirties and you feel stagnant. you've somehow lost the part of you that loved to dream, to create and to remember. my imagination had gone, and to where? i wasn't sure. in an effort to reawaken my love for creation and desire to create i started brainstorming ways of enriching my day to day.

handwritten letters have always been dear to me. i send a handful a month. sometimes to my mother or my sister. sometimes they go even further away, still. there is a sweet something that goes along with sending something in the post. one of the things i noticed, and had been aware of for quite some time, was the lack of simple, pretty, blank cards. let me rephrase, i didn't have the money to invest in the simple cards i loved. sometimes i would find one that i loved but it was a single and i love buying packs. i decided, after sketching a postcard for my sister, that i would just create my own. i could even have a whole set printed! from there the idea grew... and i began sketching little designs.

i thought about the woods near my childhood home. i thought about the herbs my mother grew and the smell of hay drying in the fields. i thought about afternoons with my granny, feeding cows, milking cows, gathering eggs, chasing ducks and hiding in the barn. it had been so long since i let myself remember things so sweetly. for too long i had been living angry. and so the project evolved... the idea of simple, enriching things being at the forefront of my mind and my day. the milk and honey of life.

i'm a ways out from releasing my first collection of cards but am so excited to bring together something sweet for you. look for freebies along the way! i love the idea of giving something back. i would love to hear your ideas, as well. feel free to email me:

or you can just comment below. i'm looking to launch this year, 2016, in the fall/winter months! fingers crossed all goes as planned. thank you for stopping by, here's to all of us having a life of milk and honey... today... and always.
xo

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe